A dental crown is a treatment used in dentistry to restore a tooth that has a defect too large, or in an inaccessible area, that will not allow for a successful filling.
As shown in the picture, there are 3 phases the tooth goes through when receiving a crown:
- The tooth is defective: broken, decay, etc. After the tooth is free of decay, it is then built up to better form.
- The tooth is then prepped to a shape to receive a crown, an impression is taken and a temporary crown is placed.
- Once permanent crown is received from lab, it is cemented onto the tooth.
Using simple yet quick method, Dr. Chauhan offers dental crowns and promises the best in class treatment services.
A dental bridge is a dental treatment used to replace a tooth, or teeth, that are already missing or need to be extracted.
The steps for a dental bridge procedure are fairly similar to that of a receiving a dental crown:
- The teeth adjacent to the tooth/teeth being replaced are first prepared to become the anchoring teeth to support a dental bridge.
- An impression is then taken of the prepped teeth, and then sent to a dental laboratory for fabrication of the bridge.
- The patient will have a temporary bridge made to wear in the meantime, while the permanent bridge is being made.
- At a subsequent visit, the permanent bridge is cemented onto the anchoring teeth.