The miracle we’ve both been waiting for is here: Solea. Now available to you, Solea is a dental laser that replaces the dental drill in the majority of procedures in our practice. In fact, nearly every patient skips anesthesia because they just don’t need it. Solea is our way of keeping you happy. Because more than anything, we love to see you smile.
Solea is the first CO2 dental laser system cleared by the FDA for hard and soft tissue procedures. It was developed in Boston, Massachusetts by Convergent Dental, based on research conducted at the University of California School of Dentistry. Solea offers a unique wavelength guided by sophisticated computers to deliver virtually painless dental procedures for both teeth and gums from simple cavities to complex surgeries. The experience is so unique that you will find it hard to believe you were just at a dental appointment.
- Solea is the first CO2 dental laser cleared by the FDA for all-Tissue dental procedures, meaning treating cavities as well oral surgery that involves gums and or bone.
- The Solea laser enables dentists to treat cavities without a drill or needle, taking the typical noise, vibration, numbness and pain out of dental visits.
- Solea allows dentists to do gum surgery without needles, stitches or post-operative discomfort.
The majority of hard and soft tissue procedures in our office are done with virtually no anesthesia and soft tissue procedures are done with virtually no bleeding. Blood-free and anesthesia-free procedures represent a major leap forward in dentistry, as we are able to execute multi-quadrant dentistry, fillings on the fly and soft tissue procedures in a single appointment. What does that mean for you, our patients? You are now able to receive the care you need in a fraction of the time. When patients have anesthesia, they typically leave the office with that numb feeling still prevalent. With Solea, you are able to go right out to lunch or back to work without that numb sensation following your appointment. Solea is truly changing what it means to go to the dentist.
The laser vaporizes target tissue using light, without contact whether it is tooth, bone or gum.
Yes, it is, there is rarely a need to inject a patient. Solea uses a wavelength of light delivered in thousands of pulses per second that provides an analgesic effect that takes away almost all of the sensation.
I use it every day, for the majority of procedures, routine cavity fillings, removing old fillings, crowns and more complex surgeries.
- Most importantly it delivers an entirely new experience for my patients. Imagine a dentist visit with no needles, no numbness, not noise, no pain.
- Even the most fearful patients leave feeling relaxed and comfortable.
- I am still amazed at how dramatic the difference really is. There is literally no reason to be fearful of the dentist anymore.
- In addition to the experience being so much better, visits are shorter because patients don’t have to spend time in the chair waiting to get numb.
- Because I work without anesthesia, I can do more work in a single appointment, which means fewer visits to my office, less time away from work for adults, less time away from school for kids.
- These lead to one of Solea’s greatest benefits: eliminating dread from dental visits.
Solea is the only laser of its type on the market today. There were other dental lasers before, but none of them can match the patient experience delivered by Solea.